Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tour de Troit

Last Saturday, I had the great opportunity to participate in a "leisurely bike ride through the historic district of Detroit". It was a 30 mile bike ride, definitely leisurely, with a nice break at a cute park by the Belle Isle Bridge at mile 13. The registration fee of 3200 riders went towards raising money for bike paths between Mexican Town and Cork Town. My cousin, his friend Chris and my great friends Elizabeth and Ernie completed the 30 miles together with a terrific meal at Slows BBQ afterward (my first time, I highly recommend the macaroni and cheese, its heavenly).

This was one of the most fun rides I have participated in, seeing the city on a bike gives you an entirely new appreciation for the "beauty" of our city...and has heightened my love for Detroit and many of the residents of Detroit, getting cheered on by highly excited strangers, made me smile all day :)

Thank you to the organizers of Tour de Troit, you guys did a great job...can't wait for next year!

PS...I have NEVER seen so many bike in one area (Roosevelt Park in front of the Central Depot Train Station...such a beautiful building!!!!!).

Take a look through my eyes (many photos taken while riding my bike...forgive me).




ernie riding through the "d"

liz and i @ the belle isle fountain

view of the city from belle isle

belle isle bridge

break time!

so many bikes!
(and the central train depot in background)





Live your life full of photos...and love.







No comments:

Post a Comment