Thursday, September 8, 2011

So ethereal...


The end of summer/beginning of fall is a beautiful time of year, especially when there are sunflower fields nearby. Domino Farms in Ann Arbor has BEAUTIFUL sunflower fields that just beg to be photographed.

So, last Friday night, in the 95 degree weather, I decided it was a good idea to grab my camera bag and head out to Ann Arbor (of course I bribed my sister into driving since the air conditioning in my jeep is on the fritz). Some of the field was trimmed back and the mosquitos were incredibly ridiculous, but the setting was surreal. With the sun just beginning to go down and bathing the golden sunflowers in beautiful light, it just seemed like a fairy tale setting. How can you NOT love when all you see around you are these beautiful flowers?!?!
It was such a calm and peaceful setting, so quiet and beautiful (besides the buzzing of the mosquitoes!), next time though, I will bring a step ladder...I saw a photographer carrying one into the field as I was leaving-such a good idea, shoot right over the top of the sunflowers...definitely something shorties like myself cannot accomplish without some sort of height enhancing aide!

This weekend brings a mix of emotions, my 30th birthday celebrations and my sister competing in her first baking competition (apple pie!!!) but it is also the 10th anniversary of a terrible day in American history. God Bless America.


Live your life full of photos...and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment