Sunday, July 11, 2010

Congratulations Jodi and Lou!


Ok, by no means am I a professional photographer. When someone approaches me to take pictures, whether it be an event, a portrait, etc. I kind of freak out. The thought of getting paid to take photos makes me nervous...lets face it, when you pay for photos, you expect something, I would HATE to not fulfill someone's expectations. Now, imagine me being approached to take photos at a wedding! AHHH!

A woman I work with got engaged this past Valentines Day, she has been with her now husband for many years, they actually were sweethearts earlier in life and later found each other after other relationships and children came into the picture. Jodi had said she would never get married again unless she felt butterflies and apparently Lou did it!

Well, Jodi approached me asking to take photos at her wedding, I flat out told her I was too scared and did not feel comfortable doing it (in a nice way though!). The wedding day approached and after thinking long and hard, I told Jodi I would take photos at her wedding, I was NOT getting paid and I was doing it for PRACTICE...she willingly agreed, especially since the only formal photos that were going to be taken were by her sister-in-law with the brides point and shoot camera.

The day came, it was quaint, personal and beautiful. I took pictures (500+ to be exact), many were weeded out and deleted and many were edited. For the most part I am happy with the results, I definitely learned some things and later did a little trouble shooting to figure out how I could do better. The photos are now posted and the bride has a disc for her printing desire.

While I do not think I will do weddings as a regularity, I am glad that I did it. The couple was thrilled (it always feels good to make someone happy), I enjoyed doing it (though I was stressed a little bit) and I am overall happy with the results. But...I think I will stick to less formal settings...my nerves would appreciate it!

Congratulations to the Mr. and Mrs.!


Live your life full of photos...and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment